The charming seaside village of Brewster has some of the best dining options you will find on Cape Cod. In our month in Brewster, we attempted to eat at all of them. There are so many good restaurants to choose from in Brewster, MA is was a near impossible task.
The first thing to note is that getting a reservation anywhere on Cape Cod during the summer is a challenge. I know people who book all of their reservations for the summer a month before they even arrive.
Other restaurants don’t even take reservations. Many places will have you call ahead and they will tell you how long the wait is, but they won’t put your name down.
One night, we got a babysitter for the kids, called the restaurant and learned that there was no wait. We hustled right over there to find that a 2 hour wait list had accumulated within 20 minutes.
We spent many nights just driving around in search of an open table. So book ahead whenever you can or go our early. The closer to 5:00 you are, the better your chances are at getting a sit down meal.
I also want to mention that the pandemic has really hit the food service industry. Staffing is low, which means service will be much slower than usual. Please be patient. Everyone is doing their best to get through this challenging time. I promise you that yelling at your teenage waitstaff because your egg sandwich took too long is not doing a lick of good for anyone. Instead, show gratitude and tip generously or stay home.
Restaurants in Brewster, MA
Best sit-down hot breakfast or brunch-
- Apt Cape Cod: Their farm-to-table casual concept utilizes modern techniques for today’s food lover. Open for tapas and dinner as well.
Best acai bowls & breakfast sandwiches-
- Cafe Alfresco: Family owned breakfast/lunch take out spot located within Lemon Tree Village on historic Route 6A. Breakfast Sandwiches, avocado toast, smoothies, Acai bowls, fresh pastries, coffee and espresso. Lunch Sandwiches, panini’s, smoothies, acai bowls, soups and salads.
Best coffee & espresso-
- Snowy Owl Coffee Roasters: Snowy Owl Coffee Roasters offer high-grade, freshly roasted and meticulously prepared coffees. They procure their specialty coffee beans from importers, small-lot growers, and cooperatives that focus on environmental sustainability, economic development, and educational enhancement programs.
- Eat Cake 4 Breakfast: High End Specialty Bakery, Coffee, Espresso, Croissants, Scones, Cakes, Pies, Tarts, Quiche, Brewster Buns
- Stone L’oven Pizza Co.: Premium pizzas, artisan sandwiches and salads, rustic pastas, signature cocktails and local/imported beer and wine selection. This is my most favorite pizza place!
Best place for a date night-
- The Brewster Fish House: Their contemporary bistro style menu changes seasonally to reflect the freshest available fare. Rated in the “top 50” by Zagat, “this unassuming cottage garners raves for its outstanding contemporary menu.” This is my personal favorite!
- Spinnakers: a Mediterranean-chic boutique inn and restaurant.
- The Terrace at Ocean Edge: Ocean Terrace offers a refined dining experience against the stunning backdrop of Cape Cod Bay. The Terrace feels a bit like you have been transported to the Caribbean. My husband said that if he was missing, to look there first.
Best casual dinner with kids-
- The Lawn at Ocean Edge: Looking for a place where kids, adults and everyone in between can take in that fresh Cape Cod air while enjoying lite bites and drinks? Look no further than The Front Lawn at Ocean Edge. With various tented spaces for shade, an outdoor oven, kitchen shed, lawn games, and various drink options, there is much fun in the sun to be had.
- JT’s Seafood: JT’s is a modern version of those quintessential clam shacks and has won many gold and silver awards from Cape Cod Life readers for their clam chowder, fried clams, lobster rolls, onion rings and ice cream. They also serve a variety of other clam shack favorites such as fried fisherman’s platters, scallops, fish and chips, burgers and hot dogs as well as baked and broiled entrees and salads topped with your favorite seafood.
- Kate’s Seafood: Try Kate’s famous lobster rolls, Liam’s onion rings, 40+ flavors of ice cream, fresh fried seafood, and minutes away from Paine’s Creek beach.
Best vegetarian/ vegan option-
- Fare & Just Kitchen: a 100% plant-based and gluten-free restaurant, serving takeout only.
- Guapo’s Tortilla Shack: Guapo’s Tortilla Shack is a casual, Baja-style tortilla shack serving the best darn fish tacos this side of the Bridge. Easily accessible, family-friendly, and ingredient-driven, Brewster native Kyle Parker, is committed to his hometown roots … and to serving “simple food done well” without any fillers, preservatives, or attitude! Mexican-inspired everyday favorites like the famous fish tacos with signature lime sauce, fresh guacamole with house-made chips, California-style burgers, and more prepared daily: simple, hearty, healthy, fresh.
Best casual lunch-
- Freeman’s Grill: Freemans Grill is located at Captain’s Golf Course and offers creative American style cuisine using locally sourced ingredients for all menu items. Multiple big screen TVs as well as indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course. Full sit down breakfast available daily, lunch menu and daily specials offered. Full cocktail and wine list as well as locally sourced Draft Beer.
Best gourmet dining-
- Chillingsworth presents a country manor-meets-Cape Cod setting for relaxed fine dining. The 7 course tasting menu is a fun exercise in non-restraint. They have been featured on Phantom Gourmet.
Best ice cream-
- Brewster Scoop: The Brewster Scoop is a friendly, historical ice cream shop located on Brewster’s picturesque Route 6A. The Scoop proudly serves over 30 flavors of rich ice cream, delicious sundaes, fizzling floats, and frappes.
Best place to have a beer with live music-
- The Woodshed: it’s a dark dive bar and the drinks are basic, but if you want a night out with live music, this is your spot.
Best place to watch the sunset with a craft cocktail in hand-
- The Beach Bar at Ocean’s Edge: Perched atop the dunes of Cape Cod Bay, the 32-seat Beach Bar offers undisturbed views of the surrounding area. On clear days, Provincetown is visible on the horizon, and each night is greeted by a stunning sunset. Order a regionally-inspired cocktail, and relax; they’ll keep your worries at bay.
I hope you found this list of the best restaurants in Brewster, MA helpful. My personal favorite is the Brewster Fish House while my husband loves the Terrace at Ocean Edge, with a trip down to the Beach Bar for sunset. For our full guide on what to do in Brewster, click here.
Pin for later-