You have done so much work planning a trip to Disney, but don’t forget to put some thought into how you are going to tell them. This part is the most fun!!!
I love big surprises, so we didn’t tell them until we were driving to the airport. It also eliminates them asking you every day about when you are going since most kids don’t understand the concept of “later.” We had an early morning flight, so I told them it was pajama day and loaded them into the car. Their Grandfather was going to drop us off at the airport so we told them that we just had to bring him to a doctor’s appointment on the way to school. The bags were all packed in the car the night before. I videotaped the reveal and they were excited but in total denial. They really didn’t believe me until we were at the airport so they don’t even seem all that excited in the video.
Here was my kids reaction-
Here are some great ideas that I have seen people do:
- Treasure hunt of clues leading around the house until they reach a wrapped box with Magic Bands inside (your magic bands will come ahead of time in an unmarked box).
- Wrap a large cardboard box with Disney balloons inside. When they open the box, the balloons will float out (just do this inside so you don’t litter).
- Give them a gift bag filled with Disney themed items or their favorite character.
- Have personalized Disney tee-shirts made for each family member and present them in a wrapped box. This also makes a cute idea to wear at the park.
- Pack their things in Disney themed luggage.
Those are just a few ideas on how to surprise your kids with a trip to Disney. Just look around on YouTube and you will find loads more Pinterest worthy ideas. I would love to hear your stories of how you told your kids and how they reacted. Let me know in the comments below! Have fun!!!