I made this Great Wolf Lodge packing list so that you don’t forget anything at home and miss out on any fun at the water park. I will also make a PDF that you can download and print. That way you can keep it handy while you are packing.
Packing for Great Wolf Lodge is always a challenge for me because we go in the winter. That means all of their summer things are packed away in the attic. After I dig them out, I have to make sure they actually fit. Bathing suits can be hard to find in the winter, so plan ahead.
There are 15 minute parking spots right at the entrance to help you unload. We usually park there, I go in to check us in and my husband unloads the car while the kids sit by our luggage in the lobby.
Check-in time at the lodge is very busy. The trolleys are in high demand, so if you see one, grab it. If there are none to be found, look over by the conference entrance. Not many people think to go in that way.
To read all about our experience staying at Great Wolf Lodge, click here.
What to pack for Great Wolf Lodge
- 1 outfit for each day, plus 1 extra (in case of a mess)
- 2-3 pairs of underwear for each day (my boys wear them under their bathing suits)
- Sneakers and socks (some of the activities require close-toed shoes)
- Two pairs of pajamas (one is just for emergency)
- Slippers (GWL is one giant slumber party)
Packing for the Water Park
- 2 bathing suits (so there is always one dry)
- Swim cover up
- Flip flops or water shoes
- Swim goggles
- Waterproof phone case (fun for underwater pics & it protects your phone)
- Beach bag
- Swim diapers
- Wet bag to bring home wet stuff (a trash bag works in a pinch)
Note: you do not need to pack towels. They are provided just outside of the water park entrance, but they do have to be returned before you head back to the room. If you have a small child or a child who gets cold easily, I would recommend bringing them a hooded towel they can wear back to the room.
Great Wolf Lodge also provides life jackets and puddle jumpers so you don’t have to pack those.
Food to pack for Great Wolf Lodge
You can save a lot of money by bringing your own snacks and drinks. Heck, I have seen people carry crock pots into the lodge. The rooms have a mini fridge, small coffee maker and a microwave. There are no dishes or cutlery in the rooms. If you do plan to have a meal in the room, you will want to bring along paper plates and plastic cutlery.
Prep as much as you can ahead of time (cut up veggies, wash berries, bring pre-sliced cheese). Otherwise you will want to bring a cutting board and knife, but remember YOU are on vcation too. If you plan to bring popcorn, I would bring a bowl to put it in.
We usually hit up the Dunkin’ Doughnuts in the lobby for breakfast, pack a lunch and then eat at the lodge for dinner. The first night, we head to the dinner buffet at The Lodge Wood Fired Grill. The next night, we are usually so tired, we order pizza at Hungry as a Wolf and eat it in the room.
- Snacks (Ideas: Z-bars, chips, popcorn, cut up veggies, berries, cheese & crackers)
- Bowls for handing out snacks
- Drinks (water bottles, juice boxes)
- Breakfast fixings (cereal, milk, bagels, cream cheese)
- Sandwich fixings
- Cooler bag with ice pack for water park
Miscellaneous things to pack for Great Wolf Lodge
- Magiquest wand (wands work at every GWL location and they can be saved for the next trip)
- Build-a-bear (my kids bring their bears from home and get a new outfit)
- Games or toys to entertain kids in the room
- Electronics and chargers
- Empty handle bag (if you are anything like our family, we magically accumulate a lot of stuff on trips. Arcade prizes, stuffed animals, etc)
- Collapsible wagon (I saw many families use these to cart all of their stuff to the water park)
If you forget any swim gear, Great Wolf Lodge has a great shop right by the entrance of the water park. They sell just about anything you could need in there. I actually purchased a waterproof phone case in there for $29 and we had so much fun filming under water. I could wear my phone around my neck and know that it was safe.
I hope this Great Wolf Lodge packing list helps you get ready for your trip. My kids love going to Great Wolf Lodge, although it can feel overwhelming to pack for. Just keep this list handy and you should be able to relax and enjoy your time.
To book your next trip to Great Wolf Lodge, click here.